We all know it's important to eat our fruits and veggies but what roll do they play in creating optimal health and healing in our bodies?
1. Loaded with important nutrients - Whole, single food ingredients are the fundamentals of nutrition. Created in nature, animal and plant foods are mostly unprocessed, free of chemicals and rich in quality building blocks for our bodies. They provide all the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants and phytonutrients to support good health.
2. Balances Blood Sugar - Fibre, protein, greens and fat are key in the maintenance of healthy blood sugar levels. Processed sugars send your body into shock, spike your blood sugar and create a rush of hormones to kick in, like insulin.
Insulin essentially shuttles sugar into our cells but then we experience a sudden blood sugar drop and adrenaline kicks in, giving us energy before the crash once again. When we have continuous highs and lows in our adrenaline we will experience elevated levels of cortisol. When cortisol levels are high for long periods of time, it can create many unpleasant symptoms such as, extra fat around the mid section, increased inflammation, risk of heart disease, increased risk of hormonal imbalance, to name a few. To keep our blood sugar stable be sure to always combine fibre, protein and fat which slows the absorption of sugar into the the blood stream to keep you feeling stable.
3. Better for the environment - It's imperative that we do our part to keep our planet alive and well and eating locally is no exception. Not only does it support local agriculture in our area, it also reduces the carbon footprint of our food. Which is the distance in which our food has to travel to get to our plate. When we support this method of consumption, we are getting high quality, fresh food using the resources in our own backyard. If you don't want to plant your own garden, every community has a farmers market these days and it's overflowing with incredible produce and locally made products. Next time you find yourself in the grocery store on a weekend reaching for a tomato that has travelled miles, do everything in your power to walk down the street, chat to a local farmer and eat real food!
4. Great for Gut Health - We have dozens of bacteria that live in the digestive tract and they play a big role in our health. Our gut is one of the most important organs in our body and keeping it healthy is essential to our health. To promote a healthy gut microbiome, eating a diverse diet rich in plants and unprocessed animal products helps to keep proper digestion in check and humming!
5. Longer Life - No matter what your age, you have the gift to change the many variables to a longer life! Genetics are not an excuse and we all have the power to make healthy decisions. On one hand, it's a mindset but it's also about becoming educated and conscious about what you fuels your body to be well! Eat whole, single ingredient foods and be sure to move your body regularly! Fibre, fat, protein and greens. It's that easy. Eat like your life depends on it, because it does!
If you're looking for a change this spring or need guided support in your health journey, I encourage you to join in our 30 day Spring Tune Up Challenge!
It's an incredible program to help you feel better. We give you the tools to set you up for success during the program and with a dedicated decision to work hard on your end, you will be guaranteed to feel your best! The great part is, creating a new habit can happen in just 21 days but feeling better can happen even sooner! Try it out and see for yourself!
4 WEEKS OF DELICIOUS MEAL PLANS - Fool proof recipes to set you up for success. Bonus - this program plan is yours to keep! Meaning, you can return to it at any time through out the years to come! All plans come in a printable PDF format.
CUSTOMIZED WEEKLY SHOPPING LISTS – You will receive a printable, check box style shopping list that will make life easy when navigating the grocery store week to week as well as your pantry.
VEGAN OR PALEO OPTION – As Certified Culinary Nutrition Expert, we have carefully designed this program to meet all the nutritional requirements. We are dedicated to creating meal plans that meet the needs of all individuals, whether you are vegan or meat based.
WEEKLY EMAIL CHECK INS – To keep you accountable, provide helpful tips, tricks and insight to stay on track, plus bonus recipes!
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP – A private online community of caring people—because you don’t have to do this alone. Connect with other like-minded individuals to help you meet your goals. Share your pictures, and success along the way. Your new support system awaits!
To name a few benefits - if you actively participate in The Spring Tune Up Program, you may experience:
An Increase in Energy
Your clothes start to fit better
Balance in blood sugar
Freedom of food cravings
It’s amazing what happens when we take care of ourselves by nourishing our bodies.
Now is the time to show up for yourself so you can be the best version for YOU, your family, your career, your workout, your passion!
Live healthy, love yourself and be who you’re truly meant to be :)
Program starts April 29th!
Any questions or to sign up. Please email us at